- Are you noticing a difference between how smart you think your child is and the grades they are getting at school?
- Do you notice your child is weak in one specific academic area like math or language?
- Do you notice problems with language is impacting other subjects?
- Is your child resistant to do homework?
- Does your child have low self-esteem as a learner?
- Does your child frequently forget homework at school and have difficulty getting their agenda back and forth between you and the teacher?
- Do you find your child does better discussing their answers than writing them down?
- Does it take a long time for your child to think of their answer, yet when they give it to you it’s a very good one?
- Does your child become emotional when faced with reading?
- Do you feel your child has gaps in their education that show up when they’re doing homework or in class in keeping up with their classmates?
- Does your child’s schoolwork show reversals of letters or numbers?
- Is your child struggling learn to read or what they comprehend?
- Does the teacher report your child misbehaves or distracts the class?
- Does your child “hate” school?
- Have you been somewhere else for tutoring without success?
- Does your child have issues with reading comprehension?
- Is your child’s report card showing below average grades?
- Does your child appear to have significant gaps in their learning?
- Has your child ever been diagnosed with a learning disability?
Special Education Tutoring
If you relate to any of the above, special education tutoring may be a good fit for your child. Our special education tutoring service is designed for children who have not met with success in other kinds of tutoring based on the fact that they are experiencing differences in their learning style or learning disabilities. Wether you child is diagnosed, diagnosable, or simply struggling with their school work we can help. We take a special education approach based on our training in the psychology of learning as opposed to education as a background. Our philosophy is that each child has a designer brain. We use our understanding of how the brain works to assist children in understanding how they learn. We help them develop their self-esteem as a learner.
Parent Services in Support of Your Child’s Education
IEP Formulation and Review
- Are you unsure what an IEP is but wondering if it may help your child?
- Are you new to the IEP process but have a child with a diagnosed learning difficulty?
- Do you have an IEP but wondering if it is still current for your child’s needs?
- Have you heard the term IPRC, don’t know what it means or how it applies to your child?
- Are you looking for Special education tutoring support to determine if your child requires an IEP?
Our clinic assists parents navigating the IEP and IPRC process so that they can formulate an IEP that helps their child reach their full potential. We know the process to ensure your IEP request turns into a document that makes school easier for your child. We also review psycho-educational assessments and IEP documentation to ensure that all the modifications and accommodations your child needs are in their IEP.
Learning challenges we work with:
- Tourette syndrome
- Reading/Math learning disabilities
- Processing problems
- Anxiety related to learning