Do you ever experience any of the below:
- Go through your day worrying about food/weight?
- Feel out of control when it comes to eating?
- Live in fear of gaining weight?
- Eat in secrecy?
- Feel angry when someone comments on your eating habits or weight?
- Feel anxious if you have not worked out?
- Plan your daily life around how much and when you can exercise?
Some individuals are surprised to learn that eating disorders are about feelings, not food. For this reason, eating disorder counselling can be a daunting process for some clients. It is difficult to discuss deep and painful feelings, which is why so many remain silent about their eating problems.