While all of us can have brief episodes of high and low mood, we generally do not experience extreme, extended swings in our emotions.
When we do start to experience these mood swings depression counselling can help. Having an internal sense of control helps to regulate big mood swings and stabilize our ups and downs. When seeking counselling for depression it is important you you receive the right tools to handle depression. Here at Julie Lewis Counselling and Consulting Inc. individuals can expect to see (but not limited to) these types of therapy tools in sessions:
- CBT (Cognitive Behaviour Therapy)
- DBT (Dialectical Behaviour Therapy)
- Stress Management
We support our clients by helping them understand what depression is and where their individual depression stems from. Depression can affect anyone, here are some of the factors that can play a role:
- Genetics: if someone in the family has suffered from depression it is more likely that another family member will as well
- Personality: When individuals have a low self-esteem, stressed and overwhelmed easily they are more likely to develop a form of depression
- Biochemistry: Changes in brain hormones can also cause an individual to develop depression
- Traumatic Events: people who are exposed to traumatic events such as loss, neglect, abuse and more can be more subject to depression
The counselling process will help individuals learn how their personal depression works, how to overcome it and how to understand the triggers before they happen. The counselling process is different for each individuals needs. For more information about how our counselling process works, call us today 705-735-9107.